Saturday, November 10, 2007

Look Lace!



As promised I took pictures of Icarus today, or the mossy looking blob that will be Icarus after blocking. I'm excited, its my first lace project and I'm already fantasizing about where to wear it and what to wear it with. I seem to immediately fall in love with a lace pattern if it suggests that this particular shawl would be perfect for an afternoon stroll around the garden. Images of pebbled paths, roses, large trees, trimmed hedges, an ever so slight fog descending and the slowly setting sun start dancing through my mind along with flashbacks to all the Virgina Woolf books I've ever read (especially To The Lighthouse). Hence I loose all will power and reach for my credit card to purchase this item which is clearly all my favorite things in concentrated form. The problem is that this happens at least five times a day, now usually I only go so far as the put-in-cart option but sometimes I hover dangerously close to the place order button after having filled in all my information. Usually this graceful dance ends in my bowing out but recently my yarn resistance has been extremely low, resulting in a consuming fear of my credit card bill.




One step closer to reaching semi-prepared art fair status. I got all my photos printed today, with much assistants from the photo people. The machines seemed to keep breaking when I walked into the store, first friday when the machine had just broke and today when the machine would not enlarge to the one size that I needed. After a half hour of fiddling and slight cursing the employes were able to subdue it once more. And after a cup of coffee my prints where out and beautiful. I'm very excited now and glad that I did not throw in the towel. Well thats all for now, I'm slightly sickly at the moment so I'm going to go drink my ginger peach tea and do some calculus problems( or knit more or gaze lovely at my glossy photos)

4 comments:

Patti said...

Love the lace. And your photo is fantastic.

I too love Virginia Woolf. I've just finished "Mrs Dalloway" again. I don't know how many times that is now that I've read it. I identify with a different character everytime I read it.

Eliza said...

Your shawl is going to be beautiful! The color is amazing. I can't wait to see the finished product!

Kristina D. Closs said...

aw thanks!

Natalie Jabbar said...

Virginia Woolf! I love her almost as much as I love you. Oh, Kristina. =)