Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fog


The fog rolled in last night, and has stayed thick throughout the morning. The leaves are strewn all over the ground and the brick buildings and streets look very picturesque today. There is silence all around me, which is rare in a dorm, usually someone is playing their music or stomping down the hall. Yet I can't seem to settle down, a desperate urge to create has taken over.

College is a strange place, one in which you meet yourself, shake hands and then proceed to change. I feel as though the girl who came is no longer, there is another in her place, different and yet the same. And as my time here draws to a close, I panic and yet am happy. The future is not yet clear but the fog is lifting, slowly.

1 comment:

Natalie Jabbar said...

What... who is this beautiful writer I see before me? Where is the jumbled , ungrammatical prose of yore? Changing personas indeed....