Friday, November 9, 2007

Knitting and Pomegranates



Its Friday! Which means as much knitting as my heart desires, or that my hands can stand (which ever comes first). It was a nice rainy day today, my schedule was a bit hectic and my nose a bit snuffly but I managed to do everything I wanted and after two o'clock in the afternoon I was free (which of course meant that much knitting was going to be done) .

Eric and I also went to a lecture this evening, it was on the golden ratio. It was enjoyable mostly because of the speaker's sense of humor, which made up for his lack of any real content. Icarus ( which was worked on during said lecture) is coming along fairly quickly. I really like the pattern, I know some people find it sort of monotonous but I find it relaxing as well as calming. Can't wait to actually wear it!




I recently bought two pomegranates, mostly because of their staggering beauty both with their peel on and off. I love the way the seeds look and taste. But the problem is that it takes me forever to peel them, and I do know the 'correct' method of cutting off the crown and soaking it in cold water..etc but there is something just wrong about this to me. I can't really explain it, but it seems to somehow violate the beauty of it all. (Maybe I'm just a weirdo?) So instead I sit there for 45 min. peeling and at times getting sprayed with red juice ( which stains ). This time it must have been very ripe because I walked into the bathroom to wash my hands and there in the mirror I saw that there were little red dots all over my face. But all my toil was well worth it when I dug into my full bowl of seeds. I usually eat them this way but I've also been wanting to try some recipes which call for pomegranate, I think I've heard of some soup made out of them.


I will leave you with some pictures of my past knitting projects. (Sorry there are not pictures of Icarus, I promise I'll take some tomorrow) :)



1 comment:

zeliaevora said...

What lovely photos! that color is lovely!