Saturday, November 17, 2007

Happy Birthday!


It's E.'s birthday today! He suckered me into giving him his present at the stroke of midnight, not that I could stop myself from doing so. See I have this thing with presents, where I can't wait to give it to the person, this makes me awful at keeping surprises. This year, however, it was a complete secret, he had no idea what it was. Unlike last year when I made the mistake of googling the item on his computer and he "accidently" saw it. Anyway happy birthday!



While shopping/scrambling for E.'s wrapping paper at the last minute I decided I needed some retail therapy in the form of fancy pants chocolate. I bought two kinds, dark lavender and jasmine green tea milk chocolate both were amazingly good. And as I strolled down the street eating this fantastic chocolate and looking into (the already up) christmas displays while debuting my extra long fetching fingerless gloves ( knitted this summer ) I felt quite content. This feeling was heightened by random women stopping and cooing over my "lovely" gloves. Don't you love it when people notice things that you made? Some even started to pet my hand, because you know even non-knitters know the importance of squishy yarn. And then to make my excursion complete I ran into a dog that squeaks named Stella, who promptly jumped on me. The owner jokingly (much to my regret) offered her to me. But don't get the wrong impression, after pretending to shoo her away the woman promptly picked her up ( like a little kid) and started to swing her around and give her kisses. That dog, my friends is loved. All this made me eve more happy as random dogs, cats, birds, children often do.
My plan for today is knitting some, and then going out for a birthday dinner at a sushi place which we both love. Hope you have a happy weekend!

No comments: