Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Looking Up, Looking Down



My don rag has come and gone, and again I have escaped unscathed. For those of you who may not be familiar with a don rag, it is basically all of your professors sitting in a room ( with you in it ) speaking of your performance in class and speaking of you in the third person...as if you weren't even there. This clearly has the potential for much trauma and countless comfort cookies (consumed both before and after). Luckily, I have never had a bad one and if I did I think I would just crumple up and die. This is all made worse by one actually knowing ones professors, or tutors as we call them.
Anyway on to more pleasant subjects, I am working hard on my lace shawl (Icarus) and should be done fairly soon-- I shall then proceed to take hundreds of pictures of it :). Speaking of Icarus, I feel compelled to make an announcement (to all the non-knitters out there), each pattern has a name given to it by its designer, I don't name my knitting (this is not to say that I wouldn't, only that I don't currently ; ) ). Now I wont name any names but one of my best friends asked me why in the world I had named my knitting (thinking that I had clearly gone mad playing with pointy sticks and string). I, of course, found this very endearing.



Slowly realizing how tired I am, and how much I need home baked goods. I really want to try making lavender cookies, or maybe I'll just stick to good old chocolate chip (for sanity's sake).
Oh I got a christmas present today! A ball of Lacey Lamb lace wieght yarn!! Its so pretty, sort of a deep eggplant purple and so so soft. Thanks Molly!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Oooh! The leaves, like gold coins!

And lavender cookies. Do they taste special, or just smell good?