Sunday, December 16, 2007

Green Winter


Oh my so much to do, so many presents to buy, its a bit overwhelming. But I finally untangled the knot that is my parents internet, just for you (and my sanity). I've also managed to do some much needed relaxing. Its so nice to watch the news and see that some of you are getting snow, lots and lots of snow, its a warm 61 degrees here in Florida, and of course this is considered "cold". As you can see I'm still a bit bitter about not having any snow for Christmas. Hopefully my Pennsylvania New Years will be snow filled.



While traveling home I discovered the hypnotic magic of knitting in airports. I brought my lace with me for my five hour wait before boarding and I think I drew at least seven people, one of which was an army boy who informed me that his mama also knits. Most were nice, some slightly odd. The airplane was a bit less enjoyable, some gentleman thought it would be great to get really plastered before and during the late night flight....let me tell you the entire airplane cheered the second he left. And the trip was ended by me forgetting Middlemarch in the airport, and after traveling to four different book stores (Florida seems not to like George Eliot) I finally found a copy, not the one I was looking for though. Oh well, it could be worse. Overall I am quite happy and much more relaxed now that first semester is over.

No comments: