Monday, May 5, 2008

Spring and Summer



My poor poor blog. Neglected, starved and alone. Life got a bit hectic around here recently, my father was very ill and Eric is graduating soon, all the while I'm trying to figure out what life beyond college holds for me. So logging on seemed near impossible, but spring seems to have lifted me up. The petals, falling down like rain, make you forget. And the trees with their new leaves, seem to remind you not to live in tomorrow but rather now, not in years but in moments.
There are flocks of red bellied robins hopping all over campus and little yellow birds that are very shy and seem to climb trees rather than fly up into them. Yesterday I sat outside in a secluded garden and saw a rabbit laying down in the shade, there was so much stillness and yet so much movement as the wind moved the branches, a hushed pulse to everything. Summer is here, and spring a new memory.

No comments: