Thursday, May 22, 2008

Different Perspectives



I love experimenting with different visual perspectives and materials. Its such a rush finding new things to work with, its still amazing to me what you can make with a ball of yarn. Lace especially fascinates me, its so delicate and ethereal. I'm always amazed that it doesn't just fall apart in my hands, and the intricate patters are breath taking.
But I feel like painting and drawing are my first loves and sometimes there isn't enough time in the day to do everything and while I love knitting sometimes I feel like I should be painting. Since going to college I feel as though I've had painting block. I mean I do a few things during the year but not nearly as much as I used to. One of my friends from college has a similar experience of not being able to sit down and draw. Its strange and sort of depressing but I know that I will get back into it. In fact next year I'm planning on setting up a painting corner in my tiny dorm room. Sure it'll take up lots of space but its worth it.

1 comment:

CD McLean said...

Have you posted a photo of the shetland tea shawl? I would love to see it. You inspired me to start my own blog (bookhooknomad.blogspot.com). Mrs. McLean