Sunday, July 13, 2008

With the Coming Rain


Poppies are growing all over the garden. Along with a ton of other little flowers and pumpkins, tomatoes, sunflowers, squash, beans and gourds. All thats missing is a few chickens and maybe a sheep or two :).
Its been a sort of sleepy day today, mostly going around and doing errands. A storm seems to be coming and I'm planning on cuddling up with a good book (War and Peace) and drinking some sort of spicy indian tea.
Its been a very hectic week, and relaxing seems somewhat hard to do after all the unrest and anxiety. This anxiety seems to stay with one, like an echo, fading slowly, but nevertheless present. I don't quite remember a time when all of these little echoes have completely left me. However they fade, and what are they but memories?

I told you in my last post that I have been painting a bit, this is an unfinished watercolor that I have been working on. I'm also getting ready to do some embroidery, and hopefully work some more on my shetland tea shawl. And with that I will leave you with a picture of the sky at dusk as seen from Pennsylvania.

No comments: