Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Pennsylvania



I'm in Pennsylvania again. Its beautiful here, even though March is generally an awkward in-between month. The light in the early evening is stunning and the farmer which lives across the way has begun to work on his field in preparation for the coming summer. We have fires most of the day, and basically try to remain under blankets when reading. Tea is perpetually being prepared and the dog is always ready to cuddle. So its an ideal place to hide away and knit, read, write, or draw. We go on late night rides through the countryside, which might be my favorite part. The trees and the hills by the moon light are stunning and the deer and foxes are everywhere.



Today Eric and I made chili and cornbread, it was fantastic. One of my friends gave me the recipe, thanks Molly! I have been drawing and reading a lot recently, taking a break from my Middlemarch paper. I really want to get started on my Shetland tea shawl but I find it very frustrating so I may not attempt it for a while yet.

No comments: