Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Unexpected



There is a softness all through the house today, everything seems lulled or wrapped up in an invisible down blanket. Even the air seems somehow smoother or quieter. It is an unexpected stillness after lots of rushing about and doing. And it seems I have a huge swath of time to myself which is always comforting.
I've been thinking about psychology, as it is the field I'm thinking of getting into, and wondering what purpose it serves. It, at least outwardly claims to help people, but does it? Is there too much distance between client and doctor for any sort of real connection? It also seems strange to me that one must wade through six years of what seems like psychology history to be allowed to work with people.
This seems to be the summer of big projects. Both fun and exciting but also frustrating at times.

No comments: